Wednesday, August 6, 2014

'Pork Tenderloin 'Honey'!

   Can you get over it? They say time goes by much faster when you get older, well whoever "they' are, they ain't whistling Dixie! I just cannot believe how fast time has flown. It's August already for heaven's sake...almost time to get the Halloween stuff back down (feels like I just put it up, oh
yeah, I just did :) Anywho, it's all good by me, I love the fall best of all (and I'm a poet) HA! Well time to remove the work wear, fill a large glass with liver damage and take a peek into the frozen tundra. There's a few bags of veggies and aahh, got it, a pork tenderloin! Always a quick cook, pork tenderloin is easy to prepare and delicious!
So this evening's delight will be 'Pork Tenderloin 'Honey'! Let's fill our drinks and get at it!
   This is what I've got:
        1. 1 - 1lb pork tenderloin 
        2. 1/4 cup honey
        3. 1 tablespoon or so mustard (I like spicy but any ol' mustard will do)
        4. 2 tablespoons brown sugar (a pinch more if your a sweet person)
        5. 2 tablespoons vinegar (I like cider vinegar in this one)
        6. salt (about 1/2 tsp)
        7. pepper (approx. 1/4 tsp) 
That's it...that's all you need. Easy, Peasy!! Re-fuel then pre heat the oven to 400 degrees (400? wow, I must have gone mad) anyhow, grab a baking pan & line it with foil. In a little bowl, combine all the ingredients (except for the meat of course, silly). Cover your meat with a few tablespoons of the honey mixture saving a little for basting as you go. Stick the glazed pork in the oven and bake, uncovered, for about 25 mins (until no longer red in the center) spooning the leftover glaze onto the pork to baste occasionally. Take it out and let it sit for a few mins to rest. DONE! Slice this into medallions and serve with whatever the heck you like (buttered egg noodles or mac and cheese is good with this jazz) Ready to chew!  How simple and so DERN TASTY!! Hope you like  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment