Wednesday, February 5, 2014

  So parched as usual, way past time for an adult refreshment! Fill up my glass and OFF WITH THE SHOES!! Now let's try something new this week, something completely crazy & strange...let's make this recipe easy to follow...WOW, this is truly madness!!! Okay, thirst quenched (for now) and it's time to see what's for dinner. This frozen glob turns out to be chicken thighs, awesome - always lots to do with chicken! Too tired to fiddle with flour for frying plus much too messy. I do however have some more bread crumbs, Italian seasoned of course :) I see a jar of pasta sauce in the cabinet and I know there is some kind of cheese in the fridge drawer, if it's not moldy :(  K, it's on..."Chicken Thigh Parm" tonight - YUMMOLICIOUS!     This is what I have:
 1.  6 chicken thighs (I have boneless, skinless but use what you've got...who cares)
 2.  24oz jar of pasta sauce (your fave & you don't need the whole jar unless you like it saucy)
 3.  a little more than 1/2 of an 8oz bag of shredded mozz cheese (I would have preferred provolone   but oh well, tough titty)
 4. Italian style bread crumbs (enough to coat chicken)
 5. salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
 6. a little olive oil
 7. parm cheese to sprinkle on top (if you don't have parm cheese then your loss, more cheese is  always better :)  A little chopped parsley or basil would be great here too!
      Got it together...good, refill your glass and let's cook!
Drizzle a little olive oil around the bottom of a med skillet and pre-heat pan for just a few mins on med heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle salt, pepper & a little garlic powder on chicken pieces then coat with bread crumbs (I usually do not need to moisten the meat, after it's defrosted, it's moist enough)
Place coated chicken in the heated pan & cook 4-5 mins on each side depending on the thickness of your thighs (hehehe, thickness of your thighs...I crack myself up)
Take a few good swigs of your libation. Now cut into a thicker piece of one of the thighs to make sure it's cooked through. Pour the sauce over each piece of chicken enough to cover. Toss shredded mozz cheese over the top. Turn the heat down to low and cover for a few minutes just long enough for the cheese to melt and sauce is bubbly hot. Uncover, sprinkle parm over the whole mess & dinner done! Eat this by itself or with spaghetti, whatever your pleasure. And as usual, DERN TASTY.  Now MANGIA!!!

6 comments:

  1. another good one~Thsnks Pattie : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one Crazy genius Cook!!! I totally Love the way You help me glide around the kitchen, With such confidence & it all come out Magnificent!! Yer the Bomb!!!

      Delete
    2. No, yer the bomb!!! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. Pattie...sounds awesome. I am gonna give this one a go. Maybe now I can show my mother, I have grown up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions, I'll help in any way I can!!! Thank you Thomas :)

      Delete