Wednesday, June 25, 2014

'Simi's Scrumptious Scampi'

     Am I the only one that fumbles through life? My planning skills, for the most part, SUCK!! So I continue on, day after day, and just fumble! Oh sure, I get through the duties of life and continue on. And I guess things could be worse like doing absolutely nothing everyday but sitting around on my fat, eating out of a can & watching tv...but hell no, I always seem to find a way to get it done, like dinner each & every night, weather I'm prepared or not...we eat (and drink)!!! So, trying to get it together without too much fumbling, I grab a bottle of chardonnay (with a glass of course, I'm not THAT bad...YET) and head to the freezer to discover tonight's epicurean delight. Shoving a few things around, I notice white butcher paper wrapped around shrimp, ohh yeahh, a pound of med shrimp...no fumble here, tonight we feast, tonight we have "Simi's Scrumptious Scampi'! (by the way, Simi is one of my chickens, she loves garlicy noodles :)
      This is what I've got:
      1. 1 bottle of chardonnay oh wait, that's not part of the recipe HA!
      2. 1 lb med shrimp, cooked & cleaned with tail on
      3. 2 to 4 minced garlic cloves (depending on who your kissin')
      4. 1/4 cup butter or marg
      5. 1/4 cup lemon jc.
      6. 1/4 cup olive oil
      7. 1/4 cup parm cheese (or a little more like I do)
      8. 2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley (less if using dried)
      9. a few good sprinkles dry oregano
    10. a good pinch or two of blk pepper (as much pepper as you like)
    11. 1/2 spring onion chopped (green & white parts)
    12. angle hair pasta, as much as you need (I'm using 8oz but you can use up to 16oz)
        This is such a quick cook recipe so if your in a hurry, this is the one for you! More wine and
get out your skillet...let's go! Heat butter and oil on med-lo then add the garlic. Saute a few mins until you can smell the garlic (DO NOT BROWN)! Meantime, boil the pasta according to directions (it only cooks for 3-4 mins). Add the lemon jc, herbs and pepper to the garlic butter. Stir it up a bit then drop in the shrimp. Toss the shrimp around in the garlic butter until warmed thoroughly (DO NOT OVER COOK)!! Spoon the hot scampi over each portion of pasta, sprinkle with cheese and top with a little chopped green onion. Get you some crispy bread to dip and more wine.
How DERN TASTY can life be?? Enjoy!!

2 comments: