Wednesday, June 4, 2014

'Simple Saucy Stroganoff'

   Lot's going on this week, kids graduating, rug rats getting out of school for the summer (WHAT THE??? relax, OTHER people's kids goofy)!! Everyone is rushing around like crazy...what IS going on? It's all madness! We have got to slow down or we're gonna drop dead I tell you - I NEED WINE!!! That's the ticket, now I can concentrate, now I can slow down, now I have to come up with something fantastic that will hopefully make enough for an extra meal and save me some time this week (which we can certainly use with weeks like this). Alright already, enough bitchin', off to the freezer!  I spy with my bloodshot eye (behind a bag of frozen something I don't even recognize) a baggie of ground turkey AND a baggie of ground beef...It's use up leftover night! We can use both these leftover meats and dispose of some of this jazz. We have all the stuff we need for 'Simple Saucy Stroganoff'! From the pantry (& fridge), this is what I've got:
       1. 1/2 lb ground turkey
       2. 1/2 lb ground beef (all beef or all turkey, your call)
       3. 8oz sliced mushrooms
       4. 1 lrg garlic clove (or 2 small) minced
       5. 1 lrg onion chopped
       6. 1 can condensed cream of mushroom or cream of  chicken soup (I'm using chicken)
       7. 3 cups cooked egg noodles (mashed taters are awesome too)
       8. 3/4 cup sour cream
       9. 1/4 cup heavy cream
     10. 1 tbsp butter or marg
     11. salt & pepper to taste
 Open another bottle of wine, get your large, deep skillet out (AGAIN) and let's boogie!!
         Heat your skillet on med heat. Cook the meat, onion, garlic & mushrooms together
         until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in the soup, a good amount of pepper and a little
         salt (the soup has salt in it also). Cook just a few mins till soup heats through. Lower the heat,
         add the butter, sour cream & heavy cream. Stir it up then throw in the noodles. Toss it all
         together until noodles are covered in sauce (if you like it a little more saucy, add a little more
         sour cream or heavy cream), Simmer 2-3 mins till thoroughly heated. Serve this all by itself,
         with a little green veg or buttery dinner rolls. But definitely, another glass of wine! This lip
          smackin' and DERN TASTY recipe was brought to you by...me!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment