No time this week for shopping, God only knows what we can find in the freezer tonight sooo -
we grab a glass of pinot grigio, head over to the freezer and keep the fingers crossed! Aaaahh,
figures...PEAS, yes I said a bag of frozen PEAS - no meat, just PEAS!!! Oh brother, relax, it's okay, don't be a titty baby! As long as we got the goods in the cupboard...we can do anything!!! So, we refill and take a stroll around the kitchen island. Take a little glance into the cupboard and hell yeah,
I see exactly what we're going to do...what joy :) It's 'Mushroom, Pea and Pasta Marsala" This is what I've got...
1. 1lb cooked pasta (I have small shells but if I had ditalini, I would use those)
2. 1lb cleaned & chopped mushrooms, whatever kind ya like
3. 1 cup dry Marsala wine
4. 1/2 lb artichoke hearts (I have the cans but frozen would probably be better)
5. 3/4 cup grated parm cheese (or a little more if you love it)
6. 1/2 cup heavy cream (milk is okay but it's gonna be a little thin)
7. 1 small chopped onion
8. 8oz frozen peas, thawed preferably
9. some olive oil for the pan
10. a handful of chopped parsley
11. salt & blk pepper to taste
Alright, that's enough already!! MORE WINE!!! K, now drizzle 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a large, deep ( gosh, AGAIN, so nasty) skillet. Heat on med-high for a few mins then
add the onions. After about a minute or two, add the mushrooms, peas and a good pinch of salt.
Cook 8-10 mins until the mushrooms have cooked down. Pour the Marsala over the shrooms &
cook about 5 mins or so until most of the wine has evaporated. Add the pasta to the mushroom mixture. Stir it up a bit then add the artichoke hearts, parm cheese and cream (if it doesn't look
creamy enough for you, add a little more cream). Cook for about 5 minutes or until the artichoke
hearts are heated through. Stir in the pepper then taste for seasoning. Sprinkle parsley over the top,
toss it around a bit and be prepared for ecstasy (oooh, sounds groovy)! This DERN TASTY recipe
is brought to you by...ME :) Have a fantastic week!!!